Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All-You-Can-Defeat

I've been really busy lately. I know I say that a lot but many things have changed for me in the past months. I'm a recent graduate, for starters. I got a new job a month ago, and I'm involved in many outside projects. Take those factors, my new relationships mixed with my old and we have a hell of a chaos theory going on. I'm overwhelmed, and even though I do my best to accomplish things everyday, I feel like more is piling up on my plate. My life (and really anyone) can be somewhat compared to an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. You look around and you see what you think looks good. You get strategic and figure out with foods will mesh nicely with your taste pallet. Sometimes you might actually take a small sample to the side, just to test how it is. You're one on one with the buffet. You have a small (or fairly large- Come on we're in AMERICA) plate and you want to try it all but you know you won't have room. You have to choose. My life is like the plate or a stomach. If you didn't follow through with my whole analogy, it's okay. Let me sum it up for you: I want to try to do everything but i know there isn't enough time or energy to spread on all endeavors. I know everyone can relate to this. Either you feel the world is expecting something from you, or someone significant is expecting everything from you. We all feel like our lives are pulling us in different directions. When obligations, responsibilities, tasks, bills, and all forms of non-relaxing activities pull us, we are bound to snap. What's important is that we have the power of resilience. We need to mold back into our original characters. I heard a quote recently that said, "Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest". That quote inspired me to mold back into shape as fast as I can. No one accomplishes their dreams and goals by sitting down on a sofa. Defeat the urge to just give up. Don't be afraid to accomplish great things. Live life and love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment