Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God never put a bush in the harbour

Yesterday was a day I will not forget. I went and completed a certain workshop to improve my spiritual growth. At first, I was ashamed to tell people I was working on my growth. I turned on my phone at the end of the 8 hour long workshop to 5 messages asking where I was, or when I was getting home. I didn't want to respond I was in a workshop where I'm trying to fix my problems. A switch went off (or on) in my head asking me why I was ashamed or embarrassed? We all have problems that we are working on and we all are striving to be better people. I can't really discuss what procedures we did in the workshop but I have to say it changed me. The exercises (mental and physical) showed me different ways of approaching or thinking about a situation. We did tons of breathing therapy which cleared my mind completely of all the stress and chaos. The title of the post means that G-d never stops us from progressing. Yesterday I learned that what we lack in our childhood is one of the qualities that we excel in. Let's say someone did not receive acceptance in their childhood, they will show tremendous amounts of acceptance towards others. Take the gift that you have and progress with that. The world needs a lot of things right now. Love, acceptance, kindness, selflessness are all things we can give out to the world. I propose a task for you that are reading this.

Take the quality you excel in.
Make a numerical goal. (Ex: If your quality is Affectionate. Show 2 people affection this week- THERE MUST BE A NUMERICAL GOAL! If you set an easy numerical goal then you are setting yourself up for success!)
Complete your goal and slowly progress each week.

Comment below or e-mail and let me know how it's going.
thebathtubphilosopher@gmail.com


Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment