Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Been A Long Time Comin

Hello all. I know it's been forever since I wrote but, I've been caught up. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, all I know is that I need time to pick my own brain and rest a little. The 25th of this month marks 5 months living completely alone in Israel without any family. I thought it would be much harder. Of course it wasn't completely easy. I had a few weakling moments where all I wanted was to run back to my comfort zone of pure white sheets and crisp pillows. Now that I'm going back to New York there was much to think about. When I landed in Israel, I was a new person. Instantly reborn i, was the offspring of my memories and experiences. In New York, I'm a busy body. I didn't have a second in the day to breathe. Between work, side work, side side work, friends, family, more work, keeping up with everything, I was exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. When I took a breath of the (much) cleaner air, it cleansed my whole system. It changed the way i thought. When i'm here I'm no longer the loud new yorker that drives myself to the bone everyday. I'm still me just a little quieter, calmer and a lot more positive. I had this whole realization yesterday. A friend of mine who has been with me in Israel told me that I'm not the same here as i am in NYC. She said it was a good thing. I focused more here. I've done more things business wise here than I would of done in NY.
I want to share some of my realizations with you. The main one of today is to take time out to remember who you are and who you want to be. Two different people but hopefully one day you will be able to see them as one. The second, TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. Your value is priceless.

On that note, see you next time
thebathtubphilosopher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment