Monday, January 3, 2011

Pricey Prada

My friend once told me that "a good friend is like a Prada bag". I pondered about this for a while. Being a person who enjoys and reviews the fashion world and its supplements, I analyzed this (I should be the bathtub analyzer too!). A Prada bag, BIG or small, black or hot pink, has a standard. When you visualize a lady (or a man these days) with a Prada bag, you probably imagine someone of high class or society. This so called vision of a high class lady has her own standards, and so do I. I have expectations for my friends, co-workers, and family members. They have to possess characteristics for us to be able to maintain a friendship or relationship. A prada bag ain't cheap. Let's  face it, most of American cannot afford to own a Prada bag. Now, youre probably wondering about my analogy now. is a friend cheap or expensive? A friendship or relationship is expensive indeed but not in monetary value terms but in time value. it takes time to maintain a friendship . between the engagement parties, Christmas swarees, bar mitzvahs, and book club, a relationship is more like an investment. Like most, I'm a busy bot. After work, household responsibilities, research, and Weeds season 5, I barely have time to take off my shoes , let alone go off to a party to celebrate some one's turtles birthday (YES, this happens). As a human, I make sacrifices, and i make time. Friends? Expensive? VERY. Just like a Prada bag is a necessity in the high class lady's closet, a friendship is a necessity to me. And so to end my article i will leave off saying, Prada bag is pricey but friends are priceless.
THEbathtubphilosopher@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment